Saturday, September 8, 2007

Home Improvements

We have been trying to get a few things done before Billy goes back to work, which is going to kill me. I have gotten used to having him around all day, so it is going to be an adjustment. One thing that will be nice about it...we will finally be making some money! Yahoo, it has been awhile!!

My favorite thing that we have done to our house so far is our front door. I am VERY proud of our door, I think it looks pretty snazzy. We got our carpets cleaned which feels great, it is kind of gross living in someone else's gunk (I get that from my mom). We have gone to a bazillion furniture stores and I know Home Depot and Lowe's like the back of my hand, I have big plans. We bought a lawn mower and a patio set, I am very excited about that.


I finally got Billy to buy himself a car, last minute, but we did it. We went and picked it up today, we got a pretty good deal. It is a Volkswagen Passat, he thinks he is pretty cool driving it around (I do have to say...he does look like a STUD!).


I am very excited because my mom is coming down here on Monday, she is coming to help me decorate and decide on colors to paint some rooms. We have a couple of colorful rooms. I can't wait to see her and to get some advice. Billy tries to help, but sometimes you just need your mom!

Here are a few extra pictures of Kenslee playing around the house.













































I left Kenslee for a second and she decided to get into the TP. She wanted a hat made out of it.










7 comments:

Mindy said...

I love your blog! Your pictures are so cute, I love all the sepia toned pics on the side. I also love the one of your feet, so cute. I'm glad you are all getting adjusted to life in Texas. We will have to come check out that snazzy door.

GWhitehead said...

Hi Jacee,

I like your blog. I love your photos. They are so fun. You are very organized. I agree with Mindy-- I like the one of the feet. I am glad that you are feeling settled and I hope that you DO become a cowgirl. :)

Let us know when you are in town.

Em Russ said...

Lila looked at the pictures of Kenslee with the TP and said "what's that mommy... what's she doing??" Hopefully we won't have a copycat performance here! :) She (Kenslee) is so incredibly adorable though. I mean seriously SOOO cute!!

Marci said...

Jacee -

I love the pics of Kenslee in your sidebar! Where did you have those done?? They are too cute. I can't believe how much older Kenslee looks! Your new place is darling, etc. If/when we go visit my gma, I'll definitely give you a call. It will be so fun to see you. :)

Matt, Meggan & Ty said...

Jace...you're house looks so cute. I want to see more pics! Those pictures of all three of you on the side are so cute!! Who was your photographer? I'm so sad we didn't get to hang out! Next time! I hope you're having fun in sunny Texas!

Doug & Darci said...

Love the door! I'm so glad you are a blogger now. The blog looks great. I love all the pics. Hopefully we will be moving to TX in the next couple of months. We want to see more pictures of the house. It looks awesome.

Niki said...

Jacee-I love your pics from Haley, they are awesome!! We miss you guys, let us know whenever you visit so we can get together!